REQUIRED TEXTS & MATERIALS
- Laptop or tablet with word processing capabilities for every class. Since this class uses new technology for advanced writing techniques we will do all our work online and using programs to best emulate your writing process at home. Therefore you are asked to bring your laptop or device to every class, if you do not there are laptops available for free rental from the UMC information desk.
- Emerson, Lori. Reading Writing Interfaces: From the Digital to the Bookbound. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2014. Print. I have ordered this book at the bookstore; however you may purchase it used online or through Amazon Kindle. I have both versions so I can refer to them.
- Nealon, Jeffrey and Susan Giroux. The Theory Toolbox: Critical Concepts for the New Humanities (Culture and Politics Series) 2nd Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2012. Print. I have ordered this book at the bookstore; however you may purchase it used online or through Amazon Kindle. I have both versions so I can refer to them. A PDF copy will be made available in order for you to annotate.
- Hypothes.is plug-in for Google Chrome. We will use this to share our annotations. It is free and open source.
- Reading assignments on the website or emailed from me. These reading assignments will introduce you to key course concepts and provide a grounding for group discussions. All reading assignments are required and you will be expected to have completed the readings before class.